As the world’s second-largest continent, Africa offers an incredible diversity of landscapes, peoples, and experiences. It is a world-leader in sustainable tourism, innovative conservation programs, and preserving the rich heritage of its tribes and regions.
Most travelers initially visit Africa for its wildlife encounters. Whether it’s watching the iconic Great Wildebeest Migration in Kenya and Tanzania, hiking into the forests of Uganda and Rwanda to encounter mountain gorillas, or snorkeling with whale sharks off the coast of Mozambique.
But travelers return to Africa for the people and the shared moments that seem to happen spontaneously: watching a chef prepare dinner at your table in Cape Town, visiting a Maasai village and drinking tea around a fire, or learning to track wildlife from a San guide in Botswana’s Kalahari.
Africa can provide both surges of adrenaline (try the thrilling activities at Victoria Falls) and moments of drama – such as when a hunt takes place right in front of you. But it’s also the perfect place to disconnect to reconnect.
- Watch as a Michelin-starred chef deftly slices and dices your dinner ingredients at your table
- The chance to trail your fingers in the cool, clear, lily-studded waters of the Okavango
- Track desert rhino through the dunes, and discover other prehistoric creatures along the way
- Experience an incredible variety of landscapes, from rugged coastal mountains to tranquil lagoons
- Discover fascinating stories of explorers and pirates, shipwrecks and long-lost treasures – then find a few of your own in a golden sunset
- Gain a deeper insight into Africa’s fascinating cultures by meeting with Samburu, Maasai, and Hadzabe people
- Witness the Great Wildebeest Migration in the Serengeti and Masai Mara eco-system
- Trek primates, such as gorillas, chimpanzees, and golden monkeys, in Rwanda and Uganda
- Discover Ethiopia’s UNESCO World Heritage Sites and age-old traditions
- Dig your toes into the sandy beaches along Kenya’s coast and Zanzibar
INDIAN OCEAN ISLANDS
- Indulge in Seychelles’ private island hideaways
- Experience unique wildlife and scenery on the “red island” of Madagascar (think: lemurs and towering baobab trees)
- Dive the exquisite coral reefs in Mauritius and Seychelles
- Unwind in an overwater bungalow in the Maldives
NORTH AFRICA & MIDDLE EAST
- Souk it out in bustling bazaars across the region
- Indulge in a therapeutic hammam experience
- Marvel at the ancient pyramids in Giza
- Float in the Dead Sea and admire the raw beauty of the Wadi Rum desert in Jordan
- Plunge into Egypt’s Red Sea, renowned for its pristine coral reefs